Sunday, October 3, 2010

freaking semicolons

It has been a week since we had to do a blog. I’d be lying if I said I was excited for them to be back. This week in grammar, we learned about AAAWWUBIS’s. I had never previously heard or knew about the abbreviation of it. Because of that, I never really worried about the way I used them. We also continued to learn about different ways to use a semicolon again. MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL UNDERSTAND THESE COMPLETELY; PROBABLY NOT. I’m hoping I can fully understand semicolons by the end of the year. Any suggestions on how to make it easier?

1 comment:

  1. just keep experimenting with them, Erik. I like the way you used one in this piece, although technically it's not correct because PROBABLY NOT isn't a complete sentence. Instead, I think I'd just let PROBABLY NOT stand alone as a fragment for even higher rhetorical impact.
    p.s. I love your dry wit.

    ReplyDelete